New Zealand Sustainable Tourism and Eco TravelTourism in New Zealand relies on us maintaining the pristine environment, stunning scenery and indigenous culture that sets New Zealand apart. We attract visitors from all corners of the globe and we need to provide quality and sustainable travel experiences.
24 Day - Nature & Wilderness Tour
13 Day - Wilderness Adventure Tour
14 Day - Natural Habitat Tour
As a traveller, you have choices and opportunities to be a responsible traveller. We have demonstrated through our actions a strong commitment to sustainable practices. This means we are attentive to such vital areas as energy efficiency, waste management and recycling, minimising water use, and supporting their local community.
As one of New Zealand's best nature tour operators we will guide you to special places and share our extensive eco tourism knowledge with you. Wildlife tours include bird watching, whale watching, marine mammals, hiking (called tramping in New Zealand) and alpine flora and fauna. Enjoy dolphins, penguins, seals, albatross in their natural habitat. Try trekking, kayaking, biking and observation of New Zealand wildlife.
New Zealand offers a top selection of eco and nature tourism attractions which are perfect for viewing New Zealand's beautiful scenery. With its many kilometres of coastline and numerous offshore islands, New Zealand offers probably the world's best viewing of marine mammals and pelagic sea-birds. See example of New Zealand eco tourism
New Zealand has a fantastic range of wildlife in its own natural environment. Our personal favourite wildlife encounters and their locations:
North Island in New Zealand
South Island in New Zealand
- Cruise and snorkel (dive) at the Poor Knights in Northland
- View a giant kauri Tree at Wapoua Forest and in Trounson Park
- Visit the Gannet colonies in Muriwai Beach or Cape Kidnapper
- Enjoy the Glow-worm Caves in Waitomo
- Watch a Agricultural and Sheep Show at Woodlyn Park near Waitomo
- Visit the Kiwi encounter in Rotorua
- Experience Bird and Nature Tours to Kapiti Island near Kapiti Coast
Aroha New Zealand Tours is committed to sustainable business practices, which conserve the physical and social/cultural environment. The natural environment such as ecosystems, biodiversity and native flora and fauna are important to New Zealand and to the tourism industry. To use these resources in a sustainable manner will ensure their protection into the future.
- Water taxi and swim with seals in Able Tasman Park
- Whale Watch (Sperm whales) and cruise in Kaikoura
- Swimming with the Dolphin Watch (Bottlenose Dolphins) in Kaikoura
- Kayak to the blue and yellow eyed penguins at Conservation reserve in Akaroa Peninsula
- Royal albatross encounter at Otago peninsula
- Jet boat ride and walk to the to the White Heron breading grounds at Whararoa/Westcoast
- Eco boat cruise on Milford Adventurer in Milford Sounds
- See a flightless Takahe at the sanctuary in Te Anau
- Bird watching tours at Steward Island (Kiwi encounter)